2021 Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine Graduate Student Enrollment Procedure
Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine abbreviate as CDUTCM, formerly known as Chengdu College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, established in 1956,It is one of the four earliest institutions of higher learning in Traditional Chinese medicine, established under the approval of the State Council under the cordial care of Zhou Enlai and the first generation of leading collectives of the state. Approved by previous State Education Commission in 1995, In 2006 Sichuan Health Management Cadre Institute and Sichuan Reproductive Health Institute were incorporated into CDUTCM. After more than 60 years of development, the university's traditional chinese medicine discipline has become the first class level main subject, the medical and health discipline, support and form an interdependent mutual foundation, coordinated the distinctive special features development of high-level Chinese medicine university, Sichuan Provincial People's Government and The State Administration of Chinese medicine jointly set up colleges and university, The Ministry of Education assess the undergraduate teaching levels as excellent school.National Double First-Class Discipline construction University.
For more information,Please click:
Academic Period and Category
Full Time Ph.D. and Master Course Length of study is 3 Years
Good academic character performance, good moral conduct, no criminal record,in good mental and physical state；
1. Applicant should be passionate and ardent towards Traditional Chinese Medicine Sector,Good competent basic knowledge of biomedicine or Traditional Chinese Medicine,Academic Performance,Academic Aptitude and Chinese Language Proficiency are required to meet the admission requirements for the major (specialty) applied.
2. Graduate students applying for a master's degree Course should have a degree equivalent to a bachelor's degree from the Mainland of China;
3. Graduate students applying for a Ph.D. Course should have a degree equivalent to a master's degree from the Mainland of China.
4. Language requirements: Applicants are required to meet the new Chinese proficiency test (HSK) level 5 and above. Those who are native speakers of Chinese Language or who have received degree courses in Chinese Language from Chinese universities in recent years may be exempted from the HSK requirement.
5. At the time of registration, the applicants shall not be more than 50 years old.
How to apply (self-financed) click： https://cdutcm.17gz.org/
We kindly remind you that:
After the successful submission of online application, please be sure to pay attention to the status change and personal mailbox of the online application system in time, all admission information will be feedback by mail.
Deadline for application：30 April, 2021
Online submission of application materials (original scanned copies required)
1. One inch recently color photo （JPG，1M）
2. 1 year above validity passport copy
3. Highest academic degree and Degree Certificate
(1) If the applicant is a student in school, he or she shall submit the expected graduation certificate issued by the school where he or she is studying, and the certificate of academic qualifications shall be submitted after admission.
(2) If the certificate of academic qualifications obtained abroad must be submitted to a notary;Notarized translation in Chinese or English is required for texts other than Chinese and English.
(1) Transcripts of all courses at the highest education level
(2) Transcripts in languages other than Chinese and English must provide notarized Chinese or English translations
5. HSK-5 certificate (Mandarin Chinese or high school use of Chinese teaching, or graduates who have taught using Chinese Language in Chinese universities in recent years, HSK results can be exempted from our school's certification)
6. Personal statements (in Chinese or English, not less than 1000 words) including previous personal learning or work experience, (especially study or work experience related to Chinese medicine), academic research results, master's or doctor's research programs learning plan, personal development goals after graduation
7.Two letters of recommendation must be original in Chinese or English (the referees may be professors, associate professors or relevant Chinese medicine practitioners who can provide insight into you and your work,with signature and contact details)
8. Foreign physical examination form (downloadable in the attachment)
9. Letter of commitment (downloadable in the attachment)
10. Scholarship application form (downloadable in the attachment)
This application system is for self-financed students. Please submit the relevant application forms for scholarships applicants.
11. Other supporting materials
A scan published papers,abstracts,or any other materials capable of proving one's research (if any)
If the applicants intends to apply for a master's supervisor or a doctoral supervisor outside from Master/ Ph.D. Program and supervisor index list, it is required to submit the written letter of opinion of the supervisor's consent
Notes: The admission committee may request the applicant to provide additional supporting documents or conduct an interview when deemed necessary.
Whether the applicant get enrolled or not, will be decided by the admission committee according to the application materials of candidates, written examination results, interview results, and through expert examination, Supervisor's opinion and other comprehensive evaluation. Results will be decided to the best applicants according to the regulations.
International students who have been accepted by our school, register with our school in September 2021 with your Admission Notice, original passport and X1 visa (visa for studying in China). Those who do not report to the registration after two weeks are deemed to have waived their eligibility for admission. Please refer to Admissions Notes for specific registration issues.
After the new students are enrolled, a medical examination will be organized by the school. If the physical condition does not meet the requirements, the admission qualification shall be cancelled.
around 650 RMB
around 650 RMB
Students should pay tuition fees and accommodation fees in time according to the school regulations; Student tuition fees, accommodation fees standard is in accordance with the relevant regulations of Sichuan Provincial Education Department and Implementation of the relevant regulations of Sichuan Price Bureau,if above standard charge have any change, implementation of the new standard.
1.The school provides on-campus accommodation the cost bear by the applicants.
The students themselves are responsible for the meals, medical expenses and transportation expenses during the school period.
Fees and accommodation fee should be paid annually.
Chinese Government Scholarship
(1) Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program (Type A)
The Bilateral Program is set up by the Ministry of Education of China to recruit outstanding international students for undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degree programs . Winners of this scholarship will be granted tuition, accommodation, medical insurance and monthly living allowances. The applicant must submit the application to the Chinese embassy or consulate in the country where the applicant is located or the embassy of the country where the applicant is located. If applying to our school, the applicant can contact the admissions office of International Education Office to get a pre-admission notice from our school. Applications are accepted from the beginning of January to the beginning of April each year (please consult the embassy or consulate for the specific application period), and the embassy or consulate will review and select the application materials and send them to the China National Study Fund Management Committee. The CSC does not accept individual applications.
(2) Chinese Government Scholarship-University Program (Type B)
For our university, Chinese University Program includes: Silk Road Scholarship Program (undergraduate students,Integration of Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine), and programs (graduate students). Winners of this scholarship will enjoy tuition, accommodation, medical insurance and monthly living allowances. Applicants must complete and submit the basic information of the application online through the "CSC" "Online Registration System for Studying in China" (website: http://www.campuschina.org/) before May 1.
Scholarships for self-financed students
(1) Sichuan Government Scholarship-New Students
In order to encourage more outstanding foreign students to study in Sichuan and recruit outstanding foreign students to study for master's degree and doctoral degree courses overseas, applicants can apply directly to International Education College of our university. The award amount is RMB 30,000 yuan per person/year for doctoral students and RMB 25,000 yuan per person/year for master's degree students.
(2) Chengdu Government Scholarship-New Students
In order to promote the international exchange and cooperation between Chengdu and the countries along the “Belt and Road”, ASEAN countries, European and American countries, Chengdu, and international friendship cities, and attract more foreign students to study and communicate in Chengdu, the Chengdu Municipal People ’s Government has established a government scholarship for foreign students. Including: Chengdu International Friendship City Government Scholarship and Chengdu "Belt and Road" Government Scholarship. Applicants can apply directly to International Education College of our university. The rewards are RMB 30,000 for PhD. students / person / year and RMB 25,000 for postgraduates / person / year.
Please refer to the relevant notice on the website of the International Education College for the application method of the scholarship mentioned above. The above scholarship amount is subject to adjustment according to the actual announcement.
According to the requirements of the Academic Degrees Committee of the State Council, Opinions on International Students Studying for Professional Degrees in Clinical Medicine(degree  No. 28) document requirements, since 2017, newly admitted students studying for master of medicine degree in China (including study clincial medicine, stomatology, Traditional Chinese Medicine) will be trained according to the following requirements:
(1) The academic system is 3 years, and the combination of theoretical learning, clinical rotation and mentor guidance is based on clinical rotation. The clinical rotation is completed in the affiliated hospital of the training unit, with reference to the standardized training content and standards of residents in China. At the same time, it attaches importance to the comprehensive training of degree courses, clinical research capabilities and teaching capabilities. During the clinical rotation process, international students are graduate students and do not have the status of standardized training for residents. Thesis writing and defense should be conducted in Chinese.
(2) The pre-conditions for applying for a degree are not to obtain the qualification certificate for doctors in China and the standardized training qualification for residents. International students who have completed their studies and passed the defense of their dissertation will be awarded a master's degree and a degree certificate.
(3) During the period of staying in China, foreign students taking examinations for practicing physicians in China shall be implemented in accordance with relevant national regulations.
Master/ Phd Program and supervisor index list
1.2021 CDUTCM Master Degree Program/Supervisor Index List
2.2021 CDUTCM Ph.D. Degree Program/Supervisor Index List
Address:Room 4105,No.4 Dorm,1166 Liutai Avenue, Wenjiang District, Chengdu, Sichuan, China.